Invitation to a conference :
The EEAS after 3 years : Achievements and Opportunities
Almost three years after its creation, the EEAS is
looking for ways to improve its functioning. The
EEAS Review published during the 2013 summer -as foreseen in the
founding text- gives the opportunity to assess its achievements.
We have invited M. Roberto Gualtieri, MEP, who
has been involved in the debate within the European Parliament about this
report. He will elaborate on some very important issues about the EEAS, in
• Is the EU voice better heard on the international
• Is an autonomous service more efficient than if
organically linked to the Commission?
• Is crisis response coordination better tuned to meet
• Has the EU been in a stronger position to forge a
common external relation policy?
• Is the internal organisation efficient ? (layers of
hierarchy, over-bureaucratisation and costs).
You are invited to attend this important conference :
EEAS Building LOI 05/372